Re: GForce video card

On Sunday 16 April 2006 11:26 am, David Baron so eloquently stated:
> Is this card supported (fb_nvidia is in the kernel config so is available)?
> Is direct rendering supported?
>
> Kernel build shows built-in support for nvidia--Gforce is not an on the MB
> interface.

That's a pretty big question you are asking, as we don't know if you are
talking about using the NVidia closed source module, or the open source
module.

I have been running a Chaintek GForce MX440 for several years now very
happily, but I am just running the basic open source module, not the NV based
module that would allow me to tweak it.

So that's the basic info, yes, NVidia GForce cards work. The more complex
problem is still open, as I don't try to tweak the settings.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Onward, Through the fog!