Re: GForce video card

David Baron wrote:

Is this card supported (fb_nvidia is in the kernel config so is available)?
Is direct rendering supported?

Kernel build shows built-in support for nvidia--Gforce is not an on the MB interface.

Please CC off-list as I am still not getting digests. Thanks

It's supported very well by nVidia:

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-8756/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8756-pkg1.run

The latest driver/installer will modify your existing XF86Config file appropriately.

I understand there is a method to use this file in a "debian compatible" way by building a deb package, which may help if you do subsequent kernel builds, but I haven't looked at that yet. I just ran the binary above after building my kernel and everything worked beautifully.