Re: Today's disaster with xorg update

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:47:23 -0700, John Fry wrote:

[...]

> Oh, and in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf I commented out Syntaptics, since
> that driver was giving X trouble:
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>         Screen          "Default Screen"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
> #       InputDevice     "Synaptics Touchpad"
> EndSection

I had that problem too with my laptop: Xorg complained about the driver
even though the touchpad still worked in a somewhat basic mode. When I
checked again the next day I found that a new package for the synaptics
driver has been uploaded: "xserver-xorg-input-synaptics". After
installing that package the driver started working again and I could
import all settings from my old xorg.conf.

--
Regards,
          Florian