Re: Today's disaster with xorg update

Ian Kester-Haney wrote:

> I fixed this by installing xfonts-base for 7.0 and it fixed it
> no idea why they were not included with package
>

> On 4/15/06, L. V. Gandhi <lvgandhi@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

16/04/06, 12:30 CET:
I just did an uptdate / distupgrade AND everything is back to normal again.
In order to get the resolution right though, I had to
(re)move /etc/X11/xorg.conf and do a dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg to get a
fresh configuration file.

But - the bugs have been sorted!
Thanx to whoever did it so (relatively) fast ;-)

regards
Jan

--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g