Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 04:09:49 -0500

> On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 09:56 +0200, steef wrote:
> > >
> > > That is, in fact, a lower-case letter gamma. The word is dialogue in Greek,
> > > "dialogos" from (approximately) dia, two and logos, knowledge.
> > >
> > no, no, no.  dia means *through* in ancient greek. duoo (fonetic) = two.
>
> "through knowledge" makes more sense than "two knowledge".

logos has many meanings, in this case I think the "speech"
meaning also applies (logos has many meanings):

[quote]
Dialogos, from the Greek word meaning “to know through
conversation"
[/quote]

Andrei
(Albert Einstein)