Re: apt-get source questions

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 09:13:48AM -0400, Chris Jones wrote:
>1. How do I do the equivalent of the usual gnu ./configure when I
>install from source..?

This is all done from inside the debian/rules file. I'd suggest reading
the New Maintainer's Guide for a gentle introduction to Debian
packaging. It'll help you if you need to modify any aspect of how a
package is built.

>2. Can I just remove the source tree after having installed the binary
>.deb without breaking anything? Or is there a recommended 'debian way'
>to clean up?

If you build the source packages at the same time as you build the
binary one you can delete the source directory without losing any
information.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Of course I laugh at my own jokes. You can't trust strangers.
     -- Phyllis Diller