Re: Another bug of debian package --- Validation issue

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
formless void <formlessv@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This package is the stable version but has got this
> kind of bug.  Has anyone else tried on that to see if
> it comes with the same problem that I have got?

It is stable but it was *not* meant to be installed on Xandros!!! You
can't just mix distros like that. Who knows what "Xandros Network"
is really trying to do? Did you think the bug might be in "Xandros
Network". Or they just simply don't understand each other. PLEASE STOP
MIXING DISTROS. THIS *WILL* BREAK YOUR SYSTEM.

Even mixing Ubuntu and Debian can get you in trouble,
and they are very similar.

You just can't mix them together!!! If you do so and the results are
unexpected IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT. Don't blame it on the software.

If you want to tinker with your computer *PLEASE* install sarge. This
will give you 15 000 packages to mess with, from one of the best
distros in the world.

I won't be answering any more mails regarding this issue. This is
a Debian list, not Xandros. I wanted to be helpful and try to help. As
you might have noticed, nobody else answered your mails, and there are
good reasons for that. Install Debian and if you get in trouble come
back here with smart questions
(http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html) and you will get
a lot of help. May the force be with you.

Over and out
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)