Re: Upgrading from Ubuntu to Debian

On Thursday 13 April 2006 12:38 pm, Chris Dunn so eloquently stated:
> I'm coming to Debian via Ubuntu.
>
> Ubuntu (Breezy Badger) mightily impressed me after struggling for
> several years and never quite succeeding with Slackware.

I recently moved back to Debian from Ubuntu as I wanted to move to something
open rather than Ubuntu's locked down nature.

I did it as a basic CD base install followed by the rest via apt-get. I had 5
total lockups with apt-get trying to grab gnome-applets-data, which seems to
have problems on the server side (corrupted?), but the install survived, and
I was able to finish the install manually.

Nice thing was that my desktop appeared right as I wanted it after getting
into KDE.

Now all I have to do is configure it the way I want it to run, which will take
awhile.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA