Re: Upgrading from Ubuntu to Debian

Chris Dunn writes:

> I'm coming to Debian via Ubuntu.
> Ubuntu (Breezy Badger) mightily impressed me after struggling for
> several years and never quite succeeding with Slackware.

> I'd now like to remove the fluff, and get to the underlying Debian
> basics.

> Is there any established method for moving from Ubuntu to Debian Testing
> without doing a complete new installation of Debian?

I use Ubuntu and Debian (testing) on my laptop, the Debian install was
done through debootstrap.

Take a look at

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs04.html.en

for details.

This requires a new installation of Debian accessible through the
chroot (I cannot think of a way to move from Ubuntu to Debian without
a new installation of Debian).

HTH,

--
--Jhair