Re: LVM2 and custom kernel

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 14:49 +0200, Morten O. Hansen wrote:
> > Which kernel are you compiling? Is it a debian kernel or a vanilla one
> > from kernel.org?
> > What version of debian are you running?
> > What bootloader are you using?
> > Do you have the lvm2 package installed?
>
> I'm trying 2.6.15.7 now, from kernel.org. This is debian unstable, with
> GRUB, and yes, I have the LVM2 packages installed.
>
> I have the initrd image in /boot, so everything *seems* fine, but I
> still get the error with my custom kernel. When i boot 2.6.16 (from
> debian), everything is just fine.
>
> I have enabled "Multiple devices driver support" and "Device mapper
> support", do I need to enable something else?

That sounds right... You could try starting with
your /boot/config-2.6.16-x-foo file from the debian kernel (since that
should have the required options selected) and customizing from there.

You could also try recreating the initrd image just in case there was
some condition at the time the image was built that prevented it from
getting all required lvm stuff added.

What is the panic message you are getting?

-davidc
--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg