Re: Running 2 versions of Debian?

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 02:54:32PM -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> I need a stable Debian OS for certain applications, but I would also like to
> work with some more recent versions of software for some development
> projects. Is it possible to run the stable and testing versions of Debian on
> the same hard drive, but in different partitions? What would be the
> disadvantages of that system? Where can I find some more information about
> how to set that type of system up? (I'm currently dual-booting Debian with
> MS Windows XP.)

This is definitely possible... you would just triple-boot w/ two versions of
Debian... it seems like it would be a lot easier to just compile mono if
that's the only piece of software you are lacking though.

Good luck,
Cameron Matheson

P.S. If you need to shrink down your existing partitions look into gparted.