Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 14:55 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Thursday 13 April 2006 13:22, Mike McCarty wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 12 April 2006 08:46, John Hasler wrote:
It's actually spelled "politician".  "Bush" ("blair" in the UK) is
just slang.
Too bad we can't make it carry the same undesirable connotations the
rest of the 4 letter words carry.  Worse, they're actually proud of
being one!
Could we please take the political stuff elsewhere?
What's the matter?  Truth hurt too much?

Humorous national jabbing is one thing, partisan politics is a way
different, poisoning issue.

I once held this view, but these days politics deserve to be laughed at as much as anything. If you took them seriously you'd descend into depression or become an assasin (in the good ol' US tradition ;-). John's post took a pop at the present incumbents on both sides of the pond - hardly partisan. The only poison in politics emanates from the politicians themselves, and the joke is ultimately on us. Look at Silvio... No, don't.