Re: Poor glxgears perfomance with unstable and radeon 7500

Greg Folkert wrote:
On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 23:42 +0200, jf wrote:

Hi,
I use the default driver provided by xorg so I think it won't work for
me but thank you

You use the default driver for Radeon from X.org?

yes I do ! ;-)
DRI won't ever be enabled nor will GLX ever be fast.

I remember DRI was working with XFree4.3. And when DRI was working (you know... once upon a time...) ppracer was really nice to play.
You'll need to install the ATI Binary Drivers, which means you have
lotsa fun.

It could be the way but last time I've checked they didn't support radeon 7500 series... The first card to be supported was radeon 8500...
If you think the nVidia Drivers are tough. ATI's will be even better (or
worse, depending on your view).

Me, I just always get nVidia cards. They are a known evil, ATIs Radeons
aren't, at least the nVidia cards have a documented process that has
been automated by module-assistant.

I remember that nVidia provides binary drivers for their cards since a long time...
ATI does this since 2 or 3 years so support might be better for nVidia...

sincerely,

Jean-François