Re: Poor glxgears perfomance with unstable and radeon 7500

In fact, I provided glxgears measures as some kind of reference...
In the past I've already played planetpenguin-racer (at that time it was called tux-racer...) on the same hardware (and sempron 2800, 1Go Ram, ATI aiw radeon 7500) and it was pretty playable. But, few days ago I wanted to have a look at slune, and I found that it was slow, that's why I think there is a problem with 3D hardware accelaration. And now I've just tried ppracer and get only 2 poor frame (with a 640x480 resolution) it's impossible to play.
Am I missing something ?

Jean-François

PS1 : thanks for you answer
PS2 : please excuse my poor English

Florian Kulzer wrote:
jf wrote:
[...]

Your graphics performance is fine, you get around 1600 frames per
second. You have to distinguish between the rotation speed, which is
determined by how the animation was programmed, and the capabilities of
hardware + driver, which limit how many times per second the three
objects can be redrawn on the screen. Also don't forget that your eyes
can deceive you when you are looking at rotating objects, for example
the wheels of cars in old movies which can appear to turn backwards at
times.

If you want a more direct visual impression of your direct rendering,
install the package "planetpenguin-racer" and send Tux down some steep
slopes.

Regards,
           Florian