What's the next step?

Hey,

I use netinst CD installed Debian Sarge 3.1 successfully. I only installed base system no any other stuff. I can use SSH to connect to remote server. If you could give me some hints regarding to the following items, I would really appreciate it?

  1. Which package should I download so that I can  browse webpages as how I'm doing under Windows?  This is very important as lots of webpages will give me how-to instructions. Do I use apt-get  xxxxx? Or something else?
  2. What about Desktop management? I think I can either use KDE or X servers right? Most likely I'm wrong. What I want is that I can open a terminal to enter commands not the old MS style, So that I can use Crt+tab to move betwen termialls?
  3. Can I use apt utility to download CMS such as TYPO3? After downloading does all of the users can have access to it, I mean except root? If this is possible how can normal users do it?

As you see, I'm totally a newbie.  The relevant link is highly appreciated as well!

Thanks a lot in advance!