Re: External hard drive woes

On Apr 08 2006, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I've tried both, but currently using firewire with it.

I'm also using an external drive (for backup purposes) inside a dual
USB/Firewire enclosure, but, to be honest, I only use the Firewire
function.

I have not had any problems like what you describe. I'm running current
kernels (taken from kernel.org), though, and my system doesn't have a
high uptime (it's been raining a lot here with thunderstorms and I fear
leaving everything working).

For the "core" of my system, I'm using mondoarchive for backing up the
system onto CDs.

Ok, so this doesn't help you. Do you get backtraces on your system? Are
they logged?

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/