Re: External hard drive woes

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 19:24 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 08 April 2006 18:51, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > I've tried both, but currently using firewire with it.
> >
> > How much are you trying to copy?  I've also got an external FW
> > disk, so I'll try to make my system crash.
>
> / (excluding some stuff in /var and temporary and cache directories).  Looking
> at about 75 GB

My old 60GB Maxtor has about 45GB free, so I'm filling it up to
see if it pukes.  Will report back with my finding.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If I seem to take part in politics, it is only because politics
encircles us today like the coil of a snake from which one cannot
get out, no matter how much one tries. I wish therefore to
wrestle with the snake."
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi