Re: how do I upgrade while I sleep?

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 20:58 -0700, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> --- Mark Grieveson <dg135@torfree.net> wrote:
[snip]
> the curve in doing so -- I'm currently in the process
> of trying to convince my wife there is an email
> program out there other than Microsoft Outlook, and a
> web browser other than IE -- so I also stick close to
> the stable distro, since while I'm happy to experiment
> she's not. Perfectly reasonable way to be.

Gee, I just said, "To protect you from all the 'bad stuff', this
is how it's going to be."  When she argued, I reminded her that
I don't tell her how to bake cookies (which she is wonderful at),
so she shouldn't tell me how to "do computers".

Then I put GNOME/Evolution/Mozilla/OpenOffice.org on her machine,
and after a little hand-holding, haven't heard a peep from her.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"One sword keeps another in the sheath."
George Herbert