Debian documentation question

Hi NG,

I am trying to install Debian Sarge on a Scenic xl-1184. and it doesn't work out.

So I read the installation manual and in chapter 5.3.5 Bug Reporter is written:

If you get through the initial boot phase but cannot complete the install, the bug reporter menu choice may be helpful. It copies system error logs and configuration information to a user-supplied floppy.  This information may provide clues as to what went wrong and how to fix it. If you are submitting a bug report you may want to attach this information to the bug report.

So what does it mean the "bug reporter menu choice may be helpful"?

Where, when and how ???

This machine gets a kernel panic or anything. It just stops in the beginning of the installation. It completely hangs. Actually it is quite a nice peace and I would love to use it under Sarge...

Thank’s a lot...

Achim