Re: Trouble Installing nvidia-graphics-driver on Etch

James Westby wrote:
Wulfy wrote:
I had similar messages when I tried to install the nvidia driver.  Would
the 7174 version work with my card?

nVidia Corporation NV5M64 [RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro] (rev 15)

I got lost at the nvidia site with all the different versions. Couldn't find one that said it supported my card.

These are the chipsets that work with the legacy drivers. Anything newer should be supported by the current drivers.

   NVIDIA chip name                      Device PCI ID
---------------------------------- ----------------------------------
   RIVA TNT                              0x0020
   RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro                    0x0028
   RIVA TNT2 Ultra                       0x0029
   Vanta/Vanta LT                        0x002C
   RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro       0x002D
   Aladdin TNT2                          0x00A0
   GeForce 256                           0x0100
   GeForce DDR                           0x0101
   Quadro                                0x0103
   GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro             0x0150
   GeForce2 Ti                           0x0151
   GeForce2 Ultra                        0x0152
   Quadro2 Pro                           0x0153

James
Thanks, James!

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.