Re: Using Ubuntu when I'm used to Debian.

Hal Vaughan wrote:

Every time someone suggests something that makes an install easier or an easier config method, there is always hostility in this group and elsewhere.
Do you have some examples? I do not agree with this at all. What is easier for you might not actually be the correct thing to do. It might introduce additional problems which are difficult to solve. That does not mean that people are hostile to you. Just because your suggestions are not implemented, does not mean anything. Before someone comes up with statements like above, just ask yourselves one question - 'Has this idea not occurred to developers till now?' Chances are that they thought about it before and abandoned the idea.

Every time I made some suggestions, they were received very enthusiastically. Some of them are very stupid - like for example, I thought of creating a separate google group to avoid spam and many showed how stupid that can actually be.

That does not mean that people were hostile to me.

Finally, if someone did not implement your suggestions, you can always fork the development and implement them on your own and show that it in fact can be done better. After all, that is what free software is all about. Anyone can make suggestions. It is the code that matters in the end.

raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about