Re: Using Ubuntu when I'm used to Debian.

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:49:10AM +0100, Adam Funk wrote:
> I'm getting a new computer at work with Ubuntu on it, but I'm used to
> using Debian (at home and at my previous job).  I understand that they
> have some similarities.
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions about common pitfalls when making this
> transition, things that will catch me by surprise, etc.

You have to install a mail server and mailx and mutt after the install,
it's not done for you.  There might be other things you expect to be
there, but aren't--those were the biggest things that tripped me up when
I tried Ubuntu.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
All diplomacy is a continuation of war by other means.