Re: mod_perl Not Working W/ Apache2 on Sid

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 01:00, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much)
wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > On Monday 03 April 2006 21:59, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much)
> >
> > wrote:
> >> Re-enable "PerlModule Apache2". When it aborts apache, report what
> >> apache says in its log file.
> >
> > Thanks for the tip.
> >
> > [Mon Apr 03 23:22:56 2006] [error] Can't locate Apache2.pm in @INC
> > (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
> > /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
> > /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .
> > /etc/apache2) at (eval 2) line 3.\n
> >
> > I have an Apache2 directory (/usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/) but no
> > Apache2.pm file itself.  I'm trying to find the package for it now.
> >
> > Hal.
>
> $ dlocate Apache2.pm
> libapache2-mod-perl2: /usr/lib/perl5/Bundle/Apache2.pm
> libapache2-mod-perl2: /usr/lib/perl5/Apache2.pm
>
> It should be there. Something smells foul in Denmark--namely your
> libapache2-mod-perl2 installation. Do a "debsums" to see if your
> installation of that package is messed up, or just reinstall it.

You and I must have posted about the same time -- I have another post in
response to my first.  Apache2.pm is in Bundle, but not in the perl5
directory, even after purging and re-installing.  I just symlinked to
put it there and it's working.  There may be some issues with that, but
my scripts are working.  I'll probably be spending less time testing my
scripts than it's taken me today to get this working.

Thanks for the help.  It's much appreciated!

Hal