Re: Definitely inappropriate emails (was Re: How to pick up on anything)

On Monday 03 April 2006 20:45, Steve Lamb wrote:
>Rich Johnson wrote:
>> On Apr 1, 2006, at 3:37 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> The controlling factor here is "100KB".
>> ...which takes about 1 min to download on a noisy POTS line; and yes
>> they do still exist.  It's the only ''universal'' service.
>> 1 minute bandwidth per spam is w-a-a-a-y too much.
>    More importantly is that the Debian list server has to spew out
> that 100kb times, say, 60-75% of the list subscription base if they
> use multiple RCPT TO lines, 100% of the list subscription base if
> they don't.  Any list manager want to toss out the total number of
> subscribers just so we know how many Mb (Gb?) of traffic that is?

Steve, it does not come back to/through the listserver at all, but
directly to the poster to the list from a uol.com.br alias.  So it has
nothing to do with the listserver traffic level at all.

Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: