Re: Definitely inappropriate emails (was Re: How to pick up on anything)

Rich Johnson wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2006, at 3:37 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> The controlling factor here is "100KB".

> ...which takes about 1 min to download on a noisy POTS line; and yes
> they do still exist.  It's the only ''universal'' service.
> 1 minute bandwidth per spam is w-a-a-a-y too much.

    More importantly is that the Debian list server has to spew out that 100kb
 times, say, 60-75% of the list subscription base if they use multiple RCPT TO
lines, 100% of the list subscription base if they don't.  Any list manager
want to toss out the total number of subscribers just so we know how many Mb
(Gb?) of traffic that is?