Re: utf-8 and gnuplot
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: utf-8 and gnuplot
- From: Matthias Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:08:05 +0200
- Message-id: <49bvumFnmcghU1@news.dfncis.de>
- In-reply-to: <5WYNqemail@example.com>
- References: <20060401115233.GA2364@localhost.localdomain> <Xns9798E930B809Fpfematwebde@220.127.116.11> <20060402003633.GA7857@localhost.localdomain>
Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
Me is currently moving to utf-8 and not doing too well, too.
What problems are you having?
Nothing what cant be solved (i hope). However it currently looks like a
1.) Emacs doesnt draw ^ and ~ when my locale contains -utf8
2.) the fonts availeable in gnome-terminal seem to be completly
unrelated to those offered by xfontsel
3.) The gnome-help browser draws little boxes containing "20" "02"
stacked where i suspect some other characters to appear
I am currently investigating the 2nd case and guess that it deals with
font-management. Pointers are welcome...