Re: Mounting partition as fs

Gregory Baker wrote:
>> [...]
I need to mount the XP partition in Linux so that I can point apt-get to it
and load the packages from the .iso s. Could someone suggest a mount syntax
that should allow me to do this?

mount -t iso9660 -o loop,ro /NTFS/disk1.iso /mnt

[...]
I'd also like to know - since I'm doing this for testing purposes - is there
any harm in simply installing all the available packages? I have about 100
GB to play with on the Linux partition.

Some packages conflict with the others. I guess you could install all of the tasks.