Re: utf-8 and gnuplot

Hi Jakson,

"Jakson A. Aquino" <jaksonaquino@gmail.com> wrote in

> Hi,
> I would like to use gnuplot with my locale environment set
> to UTF-8. However, when the gnuplot terminal is set to x11,
> the utf-8 strings are interpreted as iso-8859-1. If the
> gnuplot terminal is set to png, the strings are drawn as if
> they were iso-8859-2. I filled a bug report to gnuplot, but
> the developer told me that gnuplot has no problem and that I
> have to choose an utf-8 font:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1458525
> id=2055&atid=102055
> Then, my question is: How can I find such an utf-8 font?

Me is currently moving to utf-8 and not doing too well, too. However
i stumbled over a file in the web that was explaining a little. this
might help you to:

Event though gnuplot is not mentioned. There is a note about an utf-8
enabled version of xterm which you might give a try. ("uxterm")

Please share your experiences.

Matthias Pfeifer