Re: Firefox always prints landscape

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:47:34 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> Using Sid, 2.6.11-1-686, cupsys
>
> Printing from OpenOffice.org is fine, but whenever I try to print from
> Firefix, the output comes out in Landscape with the top part of the text
> chopped off. The Print Preview looks fine.
>
> Google hasn't helped much; "about:config" and filtering for "print"
> doesn't show anything obviously out of place (but I don't really
> understand most of the options here); some of the Googling indicates
> that Xprint is somehow involved (I don't really understand Xprint, it's
> purpose or it's manner of working), but when I run
>
>   export $XPSERVERLIST=`/etc/init.d/xprint get_xpserverlist`
>
> like some Google pages indicate, I get this error:
>
>   bash: export: `=:64': not a valid identifier

I've seen that text in the printer names that xprint generates -- printers, btw that don't actually work correctly. There are some other threads in here about xprint and its relative value. I found it more hassle than it was worth and purged it. firefox printing is flawless. ymmv.

oh, and if you do purge it, It'll try to take the x-window-system meta package, iirc, but its only that, a meta-package. again, ymmv.