Firefox always prints landscape

Using Sid, 2.6.11-1-686, cupsys

Printing from OpenOffice.org is fine, but whenever I try to print from Firefix, the output comes out in Landscape with the top part of the text chopped off. The Print Preview looks fine.

Google hasn't helped much; "about:config" and filtering for "print" doesn't show anything obviously out of place (but I don't really understand most of the options here); some of the Googling indicates that Xprint is somehow involved (I don't really understand Xprint, it's purpose or it's manner of working), but when I run

 export $XPSERVERLIST=`/etc/init.d/xprint get_xpserverlist`

like some Google pages indicate, I get this error:

 bash: export: `=:64': not a valid identifier

When I run "xplsprinters" I get:

 xplsprinters:  no printers found for printer spec "".

I've uninstalled all my printers from the cups web interface (http://localhost:631) and added back in just the one (remote, networked) HP LJ 4200 printer with which I'm concerned. All the settings that I can find indicate it should be printing portrait, on Letter paper. A test print from the cups web interface prints properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Kent