Re: How to find software?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 07:04:12PM +0800, Katipo wrote:
> No.
> As the OP has contacted the list, it's fairly safe to assume that he has
> net access?
> What's wrong with a net install with aptitude or the ilk.
> Save the CDs for your next base install.
> Regards,

Is it aslo possible to assume that he has 56k or 33k (as I have) dialup
connection and set of CD sitting on table?
I selected tetex-bin (not latex) in aptitude and here is what it want:

aptitude 0.2.15.8        Will use 138MB of disk space   DL Size: 59.5MB

So it will download cca. 60MB data. If I am lucky I can download at
speed 3KB/s so it will take more than 5.5 hour to download (if you pray
hard and link does not break).

What is wrong with using CD that you aready have?
Save payment to phone company and ISP and buy a bread (or go to movie if
your stomach is full).

Juraj Fedel