Re: debian package installation

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 11:41 +0530, Rajasekaran J. wrote:
> hi
>
>  I want to install debian package by double clicking mouse or keyboard
> like rpm package .do the needful.
>
> Rajasekaran

I've only seen this in the customized version of KDE in Vectorlinux SoHo
5.01 which I've been using for a while last year. It gives the user a
right-click menu entry if s/he clicks on anything that looks like an
installable package.

This does not seem to be part of standard KDE or any other wm in Debian.

Anyway, why would you want to? It's easy enough to install with dpkg -i
if you can't find something in the repository - which is rare enough in
my experience.
Even myself managed to do this and I've only seriously been using linux
now for about 9 months.

And you can change your terminal to some flashy colours and watch the
output scroll by - geeky! Love it :-)

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Linux User #398054

-Foresight Linux- -Ubuntu- -Debian (Sarge)-