Re: locked out from gdm - input field greyed out

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 13:09 -0600, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much)
wrote:
> B.Hoffmann wrote:
> > [...]
> > it is continuing to report that 'circles' could
> > not be loaded (this is the error I get) for graphical login, that's why
> > it's reverting back to standard greeter. Boxes in that one still greyed
> > out.
> > [...]
>
> To fix this the Debian way, you might try "aptitude reinstall gdm". If
> that doesn't work, you could do a purge on gdm and install it again.

Thanks Sumo Wrestler. Your posts took a long time to come through at my
end - one more than one hour!

I removed happygnome and the circles a while ago as I didn't like the
theme. Probably a mistake.

As for the rest - it's done and purged.

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Linux User #398054

-Foresight Linux- -Ubuntu- -Debian (Sarge)-