Re: Memory trouble

Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using the SMP version of the kernel
(2.4.27-2-686-smp), so should I be downloading the source for that
instead of the regular 2.4.27 kernel?

Unless I am very much mistaken, there is only one source package for all
the Debian 2.4.27 kernel images: "kernel-source-2.4.27". What makes the
"-686-smp" image different from the other 2.4.27-2 images are the
specific kernel options which were configured before it was compiled.

If you copy the config file as Matt Zagrabelny has written

get the config file for your current running kernel
                 tweak this                 tweak this
               vvvvvvvvvvvvv          vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
glen$ cp /boot/config-2.4.27 /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.27/.config

you will have the same configuration as was used for your stock Debian
kernel. Starting from that you can make your highmem-related changes as
needed.

Regards,
            Florian