useless totem

Hi everybody,

is it just me or is totem really quite useless as a player? Most times I
try and run something with it it just comes up with 'no input plugin
found' or 'cannot handle xxxstream', you know what I mean.
That when xine installed on the same system plays all these files and
more quite well.
I mean totem plays some but by far not enough to justify its existence
when compared to other players.
This seems to be a constant thing in all distros certainly I have tried
over the years.
Why not just strip totem out of Gnome and hand it over to Xine?

Sorry if it looks like heresy to some but it really just feels like a
waste of space to me.

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Linux User #398054

-Foresight Linux- -Ubuntu- -Debian (Sarge)-