Re: 2.6.15 with Sarge

Dear Dave and all,

Dave Ewart wrote:
On Wednesday, 22.03.2006 at 11:54 -0500, Luis Finotti wrote:

I recently tried to install the linux image 2.6.15 from backports.org.
I noticed that it would bring other files with it and remove some.  My
question is: will this make the stock 2.6.8 kernel not work?  Since it
actually removes stuff, I was worried that I could not keep 2.6.8 as
my "safe" kernel.

What did it say it would remove?

Dave.

Thanks for the reply. I checked at my desktop (since I don't have my laptop with me now) and it would not remove anything from it. (Strange...) I will check the laptop tonight and post it here.

Thanks again,

Luis