Re: Samba and OS X "issue"

> We're running samba 3.0.14a-3sarge both on behalf of clients and
> ourselves and have OSX10.2 to 10.3.9 and windows clients accessing
> shares successfully.  OSX, however, is quite quirky and I found that I
> had to explicitly share users' home directories in smb.conf for the
> Mac's to see them.

I believe that the problem started with 10.4 ..
As for the shares, I am unable to view any shares, even the explicitly
stated ones..I am fully aware that this is probably not a Debian issue,
rather it's a problem with the implimentation on OS X Tiger, I could fix
it by installing a later version of Samba but to be honest, at the moment
I can get away with just not browsing until a cleaner solution is found.

> Also if you are sharing a printer from the debian server, have a look at:
> http://members.cox.net/18james/osx_printer_sharing.html

No printers are currently shared..that probably won't change.

Cheers,

Pete.