Samba and OS X "issue"

Hi there,

I have recently added an Apple OS X based machine to my little home
network - nice to have a new architecture to play with :-)..and have hit a
bit of a problem whilst connecting to a Debian Sarge Samba
server...basically Finder hangs when attempting to browse any of the Samba
shares on any of my Debian servers - all running Sarge, and the version of
Samba that ships with it.

I have googled for this, and the concenous is that there is a bug in the
3.0.14 release that Sarge is equipped with - apparently it's fixed in
3.0.20.

My question is basically, does anyone have OS X (10.4.5 Tiger) browsing
Samba shares on a Debian Sarge server sucessfully, or do I have to ditch
the 3.0.14 Sarge version and install 3.0.20 instead?
I would rather stick to Sarge packages if possible, as I have a few
servers running Debian and it'd be a PITA to change them :-)

Cheers,

Pete.