Re: best way to install asterisk

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> Am 2006-03-16 16:32:43, schrieb Nic:
>
>> I am installing to a virtual machine so I don't care what version of
>> debian I'm using. I will happily run any debian be it sarge, etch or
>> sid.
>
> "asterisk" does not work on a virtual machine...  except with "Xen".

Hmmm... there are VMWare player images for it.

I'm not talking to any non-virtualized hardware. I just want to use
the service interfaces to handle an external device (a black box voip
gateway).

>> which is where I tried getting them from. But they don't install
>> because of depend conflicts with with the main repository.
>
> Which conflicts?
>
> ich you vae a clean Sarge install (with asterisk), please can you
> post the full output of
>
>         apt-get install amportal
>
> with ALL error messages?

there are *way* too many errors to list. amportal seems to try and
trash some of the asterisk-config and it simply ends not resolving
anyway with a bunch of packages uninstalled.

So I think my question has become: where do I get a debian amportal
from?

Nic Ferrier