Re: best way to install asterisk

Quoting Nic <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk>:

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:

Your original message makes it seem like the package installs in Sarge
and Etch, but without amportal.  However, you want the amportal package,
which is only available for Sid.  If that is the case, then you can
simply get the source for the Sid package and backport it.

Is amportal available for sid? I can't find it.

Do you mean that the amportal from the freepbx repository is based on

I'm sorry if I am being stupid. None of this makes much sense to me. I
don't really understand why asterisk is in debian without
amportal... amportal seems to be fairly key.

OK.  Let's backup a little.

 - Which distro (Sarge/Etch/Sid) are you running?
 - Where are you obtaining your asterisk packages?
 - Where are you obtaining your amportal packages?

- Roberto

Roberto C. Sanchez