Re: best way to install asterisk

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:

> OK.  Let's backup a little.
>
>   - Which distro (Sarge/Etch/Sid) are you running?

I am installing to a virtual machine so I don't care what version of
debian I'm using. I will happily run any debian be it sarge, etch or
sid.

>   - Where are you obtaining your asterisk packages?

I have been getting them from debian/etch.

I also tried sarge.

>   - Where are you obtaining your amportal packages?

The only place I found for debian packages is:

    deb     http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ amportal/
    deb-src http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ amportal/

which is where I tried getting them from. But they don't install
because of depend conflicts with with the main repository.

So, in summary, what I've tried is:

- installing amportal from rapid/apt + debian/apt/sarge
- installing amportal from rapid/apt + debian/apt/etch

I've also tried to find amportal in debian's apt repositories (sarge,
etch and sid) with no luck.

Nic