Re: best way to install asterisk

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:

> Quoting Nic <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk>:
>
>> "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:
>>
>>> Your original message makes it seem like the package installs in Sarge
>>> and Etch, but without amportal.  However, you want the amportal package,
>>> which is only available for Sid.  If that is the case, then you can
>>> simply get the source for the Sid package and backport it.
>>
>> Is amportal available for sid? I can't find it.
>>
>> Do you mean that the amportal from the freepbx repository is based on
>> sid?
>>

>> I'm sorry if I am being stupid. None of this makes much sense to me. I
>> don't really understand why asterisk is in debian without
>> amportal... amportal seems to be fairly key.
>>

>> Nic
>
> OK.  Let's backup a little.
>
>   - Which distro (Sarge/Etch/Sid) are you running?
>   - Where are you obtaining your asterisk packages?
>   - Where are you obtaining your amportal packages?

You didn't get my reply to this. I did copy my reply to the nntp
gateway as well...

Anyway... the answer was:

>   - Which distro (Sarge/Etch/Sid) are you running?

I'm trying to use asterisk to manage an external voip box... so I'm
going to run it in a vm and I don't care which debian I'm running.

Anything that works.

>   - Where are you obtaining your asterisk packages?

debian apt mirrors; sarge, etch or sid.

>   - Where are you obtaining your amportal packages?

deb http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ amportal/
deb-src http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ amportal/

which I did because of this:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8345464&forum_id=42627

As I say, these packages are broken but I don't know if I'm mixing
them up with the correct asterisk.

It seems strange that amportal isn't in debian... but it doesn't
appear to be.

Nic