[OT] Re: Poster to this lists email address not obfuscated?

Incoming from Håkon Alstadheim:
> s. keeling wrote:

> >>sender address by the spammers? How do you make sure not to include any
> >>addresses of legitimate users in your list?
> >
> >They're already being used.  I receive spam addressed from
> >keeling@spots.ab.ca, which doesn't surprise me.  "My posting them ...
>
> Pardon my bluntness, but your scheme is just dumb. The vast majority of
> sender-adresses on spam emails are spoofed. Look up e-mail spoof in any

Yes, or auto-generated.  I don't care what they are or where they came
from.  I only care about gumming up their list of potential *recipient
addresses*, which they (according to the study) glean by 'bots and
spiders scraping web pages for email addresses.  Any garbage is
fine for that.  When spammers start sending mail to non-existent
accounts more often than existing ones, it'll be a waste of their time
and money.  Good.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -