Re: procmail vs. exim (was: Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...)

Incoming from Dave Sherohman:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 09:45:09AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > Incoming from Steve Lamb:
> > > email was.  And procmail?  Investigated it; it's line noise masquerading
> >
> > than do without.  There are alternatives to procmail if you're that
> > averse to it.
>
> Yes, there are alternatives, such as the filtering capabilities built
> into Debian's default MTA, exim.  (Which Steve mentioned in one of

I was thinking of equivalents to procmail, sans "line noise" syntax,
such as mailfilter.  You're welcome to use the tool you prefer.

I'd also like to mention that some people can write unreadable code in
any language, while others take care to make sure their code doesn't
get that way.  Procmail is no exception.

- -