Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

> From: Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>

>What is so hard about sending an email to
>debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with the subject
>subscribe anyway?

I don't think the problem is really the subscribing part, its the
unsubscribing part that is the problem.  I do agree with you, is it
really that hard to read the bottom of email posted to learn how to
unsubscribe?  Their is even a website that provides this as well.

I was thinking about posting the munging link you provided, but I
thought everyone was aware of it since the last time we had this
discussion.

As far as a correct email address, I assume that to me that is
totally up to the individual. If the person is smart enough to post
to the list, or subscribe, I assume that they should know that the
message is available to all the world, as well as his email
address. After all is it that hard to read the headers to find
where it came from, we all know or should know how to read headers.

If you consider Usenet do you really believe a person's name and
email address? Also I much prefer to post to a list then do off
list, or off Usenet email.  That way people can follow up on the
solution, or the thread.  This I have to protect my email from spam
thing is a little old. If it means that much to people in general
then don't post. Also if it throws off your filters then one should
really check into the problem, and file the proper bug reports, or
adjust the filter to suit.

One thing I do agree on, is delaying the posting on a certain thread
is not a good idea I agree with the other posters on its problems
and suggest his idea's about its solution.

Gnu_Raiz