Re: procmail vs. exim (was: Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...)

Dave Sherohman wrote:
Are there things that procmail
can do that exim filters can't or is it just a case of procmail being
what people have used for years and they're not aware that an
alternative is installed by default in Debian?

A little bit of both I think. No doubt someone, somewhere will point out something that procmail can do that exim's filtering cannot. Also procmail's one of those old-dog things that stick around in general use because it's always been in use. There might also be a hint of ignorance of the fact that Exim can filter since the blinders are on the "one tool for the job" and MTA does not equal MDA.