Re: Failed Installation

Joseph Michael Smidt wrote:
I have installed Etch about 5 or 6 times using the Beta1 installer.  I
tried the daily builds and I get this error when trying to connect with
the mirrors:
 Bad archive mirror, The specified Debian mirror is unavailable or does
not have a valid release file on it.

When I went back to try again with Beta 1 I get: Failed to access
package archive: subprocess gzip returned error code 1 W: GPG error.
Couldn't stat source package list ...
  The ... represent the fact I am trying every mirror and the name of
the mirror goes where ... is.

I thought maybe it somehow is an internet problem, however the internet
works fine with my other OS on another partition.
I have been using Beta1 to install lately, and it's known not to "work" with the current repository. You should go through all the parts of the installer, except the actual package installation. Then use apt-get to install mdetect, read-edid, and the other packages you want. If you want, you can use aptitude to select certain tasks. You might want to upgrade aptitude and tasksel first.

Angelo