Re: I missed the kernel-image to linux-image thing!

%% "Patrick Wiseman" <pwiseman@gmail.com> writes:

  pw> I'm sure there was some good reason for the change

Indeed: "kernel" is too generic a term.

People are trying to create Debian distributions on a FreeBSD kernel,
and Hurd microkernels, and Solaris kernels, etc., not just on the Linux
kernel.  So the Linux kernel is named "linux", and the other kernels
will have appropriate names.

But, it's all Debian!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
        These are my opinions--Nortel takes no responsibility for them.