Re: xserver-xorg fatal configuration

Thanks for the advice regarding debconf, this may perhaps open something:

> ... "sudo dpkg-reconfigure debconf" and
> selecting "Dialog". (This assumes you've configured your user to have
> sufficient sudo capabilities; if not, you'll have to figure out some
> other way to give root access to your X session, such as xhost
> <shudder>.) But the more serious problem, from what I can see, is the
> libkdecore file.

Also I have to investigate more as regards "cheating the database" or similar.
I have to learn about the files and their role (libkdecore I don't know
either). -- I normally run from pure console. I did however produce example
texts in a gui terminal by repeating commands with (roughly) pre-known
results, for mailing.

Thanks Kent,
Tore