Re: xserver-xorg fatal configuration

Tore Ericsson wrote:

Tuesday 7 March 2006 00:05 skrev Kent West:
Tore Ericsson wrote:
My hope is that some experienced Debian user may see the key issue
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/03/msg00604.html) and understand
how to correct the malconfiguration that came about after my fatal
mistake,
It's a stab-in-the-dark, but I'd try using aptitude rather than apt-get
to remove/reinstall X; perhaps that'll get you a little farther along.

Synaptic, aptitude, dselect, dpkg, apt, all the same problem, just served on different plates!

The only two suggestions I'd have then is to try reinstalling whatever package contains libkdecore.so.4, or upgrading to Sid. I tend to run Sid, because although breakage occurs more frequently than with Testing, that breakage tends to get fixed more quickly than it does in Testing. (I'm assuming something's broken with X in Testing.)

--
Kent